Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Think I've Seen You Somewhere Before. Sinful Shine by Sinful Colors

So, I am a nail polish junkie.  Truth be told, I am addicted to all makeup, but nail polish is my favorite.  Sinful Colors is one of my favorite brands.  I've had a lot of luck with this brand.  The price-point is great at $1.99, and I like the formula for most of the colors offered.  When I read on other nail polish blogs that Sinful Colors was coming out with a new line, "Sinful Shine", I was so excited!  I couldn't wait to try the new colors- and I was willing to pay the extra $1.00.  Sinful Shine is a smidge more expensive- $2.99 per bottle.  Being the nail polish junkie that I am, I dug into my mad money and purchased every color from the Walgreen's display.

Are they worth the extra dollar?  I'm not sure yet.  I've only swatched them on my nail tip sticks, and so far I like the quality (some more than others).  But during my swatching ritual, I noticed something.  I was suspicious that I had seen some of the colors before.  I took out my other Sinful swatches, and well- you decide.


Most Sinful #1242 & Endless Blue #1052

These were the first colors I swatched.  I really can't tell the difference between these two.  It's a good thing I LOVE this color.  The Sinful Shine display boasts that the Sinful Shine line has "new gel technology" that makes the new polishes shiny.  I don't see a difference in the shine between these two either.  Maybe I will when I apply to my actual nails.  



Devious #1230 and Ruby Ruby #369

This is another one.  I can't tell the difference- and it's a good thing I LOVE both of these as well.  They are both jelly-like, great color, and apply well.



All the Rage #1217 and Folly #395

These two are very similar, Folly is just a little bit darker, but they are the same tone.  


At Sea #1245 and Sweet Nothing #1171

Another very close match.  Sweet Nothing is a bit darker, but not by much.


Bananappeal #1218 and Pull Over #955

These two are pretty close too.  Pull Over is a little darker, and Bananappeal is more opaque, but they are very close.


Bottoms Up #1243 and Rain Storm #1053

I have a hard time telling these two apart.  Very close in color and coverage.


Come Hither #1221 and Dressed to Kill #1125

Come Hither is a bit more orange, but not by much.


In the Limelight #1233 and Exotic Green #1105

Really close again.  Limelight is a bit lighter, but not by much.


Mardi Gras #1236 and Hazard #952

These two are really close- I have a hard time seeing the difference.


Nouveau Purple #1244 and Mesmerize #1128

This is another pair in which I can't tell one from the other.  Identical in color, coverage and shine. 


Rebel #1234 and Nirvana #949

Very close.  No difference in shine, but Nirvana is just very slightly lighter.


Royal Flush #1246 and Outrages #1124

These two actually look closer in color than the picture shows.  They are both very shiny, both opaque, almost one-coaters.  

I have more pictures of swatches that I will post later.  So far, I think that if you have some of the colors that are close to the Sinful Shine line, it might not be worth the extra dollar.  I might change my mind after I actually wear the colors on my nails, but I'll let you know when I do and what I think.  

Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment